Apache Pow Wow 2011-2012
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apache Pow Wow

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Baseball Final
how do you prep ! ~ final! I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 11:40 am by Alice Lin

» how do you prep ! ~ final!
how do you prep ! ~ final! I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:46 pm by Kelly Ching

» Varsity Boys Volleyball FINAL
how do you prep ! ~ final! I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 4:57 pm by HelenLee

» Track and Field Summary FINAL
how do you prep ! ~ final! I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 1:42 am by anDYQIn

» Coach Long Profile FINAL
how do you prep ! ~ final! I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 12:52 am by victoriatran

» Baseball Rough
how do you prep ! ~ final! I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 11:18 am by HelenLee

» COACH LONG PROFILE
how do you prep ! ~ final! I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 1:07 am by HelenLee

» Track and Field Summary ROUGH
how do you prep ! ~ final! I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:47 am by HelenLee

» how do you prep ! ~ rough
how do you prep ! ~ final! I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 2:06 pm by edwardchao

how do you prep ! ~ final!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
karina laigo

how do you prep ! ~ final! Empty
PostSubject: how do you prep ! ~ final!   how do you prep ! ~ final! I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 2:48 am

Every athlete has their own way of getting their head into the game, and AHS' own finest are no different. Between team rituals and self-relaxation sessions, every player hones in on their talents, their gusto and their primal need to prove how worthy they are of being an Apache.

"Before the game, I usually start to focus when I get to the field. I like to listen to music while I warm up, and I perform a handshake with my third baseman before we begin." –Lisa Rosas, 10, Girls Varsity Softball team

"Before a game, I prepare my self myself not only physically, but mentally. I listen to music and tell myself what I need to do in the game in order to perform well. Before a game, when I'm running to my position, I swipe my right hand on the dirt to make sure I get a good grip on the ball." –Jasmine Rosas, 12, Girls Varsity Softball team

"As a team, we run our warm-up lap around the field: as we pass home plate, we all spit, which is gross, but we do that before every home game because "it's our house". We listen to music too. As for me, personally, I think of goals that I want to reach and start [to figure] out how I'll get there. Music and [my teammates] being crazy with dance moves and such gets us pumped." –Stephanie Noriega, 12, Girls Varsity Softball team

"I honestly [do] nothing special. I don't have a ritual or anything. [It's] [j]ust getting my mind focused on the game and relaxing myself if I'm nervous. [All I do is] [p]ray, and try to get pumped up." –Melody Chang, 11, Girls Varsity Basketball team

"The way I prep is, I listen to music and I talk with my team mantes <teammates>. Next we [as a team] , warm-up and then we huddle before the game." –Bobby McDaniels, 11, Boys Varsity Water Polo

"Right before we get on the starting line, we huddle together in a circle and chant:We do! We do! We do believe in fairies! And before the 4x400s the 400 meter runners chant: Glindyll's butt! Glindyll's butt!" –Alice Yang, 11, Girls Varsity Track and Field team

No matter what kind of preparation the player goes through, it's all for one thing: bringing honor to the AHS name. Whether they win or lose, every single one of them knew they played their hardest, all because they were able to buckle down and psyche themselves into the game.
Back to top Go down
HelenLee

PostSubject: Re: how do you prep ! ~ final!   how do you prep ! ~ final! I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 11:23 am

Every athlete has their <his/her> own way of getting their head into the game, and AHS' own finest are no different. Between team rituals and self-relaxation sessions, every player hones in on their talents, their gusto and their primal need to prove how worthy they are of being an Apache.

"Before the game, I usually start to focus when I get to the field. I like to listen to music while I warm up, and I perform a handshake with my third baseman before we begin." –Lisa Rosas, 10, Girls Varsity Softball team

"Before a game, I prepare my self <delete> myself not only physically, but mentally. I listen to music and tell myself what I need to do in the game in order to perform well. Before a game, when I'm running to my position, I swipe my right hand on the dirt to make sure I get a good grip on the ball." –Jasmine Rosas, 12, Girls Varsity Softball team

"As a team, we run our warm-up lap around the field: as we pass home plate, we all spit, which is gross, but we do that before every home game because "it's our house". We listen to music too. As for me, personally, I think of goals that I want to reach and start [to figure] out how I'll get there. Music and [my teammates] being crazy with dance moves and such gets us pumped." –Stephanie Noriega, 12, Girls Varsity Softball team

"I honestly [do] nothing special. I don't have a ritual or anything. [It's] just getting my mind focused on the game and relaxing myself if I'm nervous. [All I do is] pray, and try to get pumped up." –Melody Chang, 11, Girls Varsity Basketball team

"The way I prep is, I listen to music and I talk with my team mantes <teammates>. Next we [as a team] <delete space>, warm-up and then we huddle before the game." –Bobby McDaniels, 11, Boys Varsity Water Polo

"Right before we get on the starting line, we huddle together in a circle and chant:<add space>We do! We do! We do believe in fairies! And before the 4x400s the 400 meter runners chant: Glindyll's butt! Glindyll's butt!" –Alice Yang, 11, Girls Varsity Track and Field team

No matter what kind of preparation the player goes through, it's all for one thing: bringing honor to the AHS name. Whether they win or lose, every single one of them knew they played their hardest, all because they were able to buckle down and psyche themselves into the game.
Back to top Go down
karina laigo

PostSubject: Re: how do you prep ! ~ final!   how do you prep ! ~ final! I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 3:32 pm

Every athlete has his/her own way of getting their head into the game, and AHS' own finest are no different. Between team rituals and self-relaxation sessions, every player hones in on their talents, their gusto and their primal need to prove how worthy they are of being an Apache.

"Before a game, I prepare myself not only physically, but mentally. I listen to music and tell myself what I need to do in the game in order to perform well. Before a game, when I'm running to my position, I swipe my right hand on the dirt to make sure I get a good grip on the ball." –Jasmine Rosas, 12, Girls Varsity Softball team

"I honestly [do] nothing special. I don't have a ritual or anything. [It's] just getting my mind focused on the game and relaxing myself if I'm nervous. [All I do is] pray, and try to get pumped up." –Melody Chang, 11, Girls Varsity Basketball team

"The way I prep is, I listen to music and I talk with my teammates. Next we [as a team], warm-up and then we huddle before the game." –Bobby McDaniels, 11, Boys Varsity Water Polo

"Right before we get on the starting line, we huddle together in a circle and chant: We do! We do! We do believe in fairies! And before the 4x400s the 400 meter runners chant: Glindyll's butt! Glindyll's butt!" –Alice Yang, 11, Girls Varsity Track and Field team

Back to top Go down
HelenLee

PostSubject: Re: how do you prep ! ~ final!   how do you prep ! ~ final! I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 11:31 am

Every athlete has his/her own way of getting their head into <in> the game, and AHS' own finest are no different. Between team rituals and self-relaxation sessions, every player hones in on their talents, their gusto <add comma> and their primal need to prove how worthy they are of being an Apache.

"Before the <a> game, I usually start to focus when I get to the field.I like to listen to music while I warm up, and I perform a handshake with my third baseman before we begin." –Lisa Rosas, 10, Girls Varsity Softball team

"Before a game, I prepare myself not only physically, but mentally. I listen to music and tell myself what I need to do in <during> the game in order <delete> to perform well. Before a game, when I'm running to my position, I swipe my right hand on the dirt to make sure I get a good grip on the ball." –Jasmine Rosas, 12, Girls Varsity Softball team

"The way I prep is, I listen <I prep by listening> to music and I talk with my teammates. Next we [as a team], warm-up and then we huddle before the game." –Bobby McDaniels, 11, Boys Varsity Water Polo

"Right before we get on the starting line, we huddle together in a circle and chant: We do! We do! We do believe in fairies! And before the 4x400s the 400 meter runners chant: Glindyll's butt! Glindyll's butt!" –Alice Yang, 11, Girls Varsity Track and Field team

No matter what kind of preparation the player goes through, it's all for one thing: bringing honor to the AHS name. Whether they <he/she> win or lose <wins or loses>, every single one of them knew they played their hardest, all because they were able to buckle down and psyche themselves into the game.
Back to top Go down
karina laigo

PostSubject: Re: how do you prep ! ~ final!   how do you prep ! ~ final! I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 12:26 am

Every athlete has his/her own way of getting their head in the game, and AHS' own finest are no different. Between team rituals and self-relaxation sessions, every player hones in on their talents, their gusto, and their primal need to prove how worthy they are of being an Apache.

"Before a game, I usually start to focus when I get to the field.I like to listen to music while I warm up, and I perform a handshake with my third baseman before we begin." –Lisa Rosas, 10, Girls Varsity Softball team

"Before a game, I prepare myself not only physically, but mentally. I listen to music and tell myself what I need to do [during] the game to perform well. Before a game, when I'm running to my position, I swipe my right hand on the dirt to make sure I get a good grip on the ball." –Jasmine Rosas, 12, Girls Varsity Softball team

"I prep by listening to music and I talk with my teammates. Next we [as a team], warm-up and then we huddle before the game." –Bobby McDaniels, 11, Boys Varsity Water Polo

No matter what kind of preparation the player goes through, it's all for one thing: bringing honor to the AHS name. Whether he/she wins or loses, every single one of them knew they played their hardest, all because they were able to buckle down and psyche themselves into the game.
Back to top Go down
Kelly Ching

PostSubject: Re: how do you prep ! ~ final!   how do you prep ! ~ final! I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:46 pm

Every athlete has his/her<his or her> own way of getting their head in the game, and AHS' own finest are no different. Between team rituals and self-relaxation sessions, every player hones in on their talents, their gusto, and their primal need to prove how worthy they are of being an Apache.

"Before a game, I usually start to focus when I get to the field.<space>I like to listen to music while I warm up, and I perform a handshake with my third baseman before we begin." –Lisa Rosas, 10, Girls Varsity Softball team

"Before a game, I prepare myself not only physically, but mentally. I listen to music and tell myself what I need to do [during] the game to perform well. Before a game, when I'm running to my position, I swipe my right hand on the dirt to make sure I get a good grip on the ball." –Jasmine Rosas, 12, Girls Varsity Softball team

"As a team, we run our warm-up lap around the field:<delete> <and> as we pass home plate, we all spit, which is gross, but we do that before every home game because "it's our house". We listen to music too. As for me, personally, I think of goals that I want to reach and start [to figure] out how I'll get there. Music and [my teammates] being crazy with dance moves and such<,> gets us pumped." –Stephanie Noriega, 12<I think she's a sophomore, unless we're thinking of two different people.>, Girls Varsity Softball team

"I prep by listening to music and I talk with my teammates. Next<,> we [as a team], warm-up and then we huddle before the game." –Bobby McDaniels, 11, Boys Varsity Water Polo

"Right before we get on the starting line, we huddle together in a circle and chant: We do! We do! We do believe in fairies! And before the 4x400s the 400 meter<400m. runners chant: Glindyll's butt! Glindyll's butt!" –Alice Yang, 11, Girls Varsity Track and Field team

No matter what kind of preparation the player goes through, it's all for one thing: bringing honor to the AHS name. Whether he/she<he or she> wins or loses, every single one of them knew they played their hardest, all because they were able to buckle down and psyche themselves into<before> the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do you prep ! ~ final!   how do you prep ! ~ final! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how do you prep ! ~ final!
Page 1 of 1