Apache Pow Wow 2011-2012
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apache Pow Wow

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Baseball Final
COACH LONG PROFILE I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 11:40 am by Alice Lin

» how do you prep ! ~ final!
COACH LONG PROFILE I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:46 pm by Kelly Ching

» Varsity Boys Volleyball FINAL
COACH LONG PROFILE I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 4:57 pm by HelenLee

» Track and Field Summary FINAL
COACH LONG PROFILE I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 1:42 am by anDYQIn

» Coach Long Profile FINAL
COACH LONG PROFILE I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 12:52 am by victoriatran

» Baseball Rough
COACH LONG PROFILE I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 11:18 am by HelenLee

» COACH LONG PROFILE
COACH LONG PROFILE I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 1:07 am by HelenLee

» Track and Field Summary ROUGH
COACH LONG PROFILE I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:47 am by HelenLee

» how do you prep ! ~ rough
COACH LONG PROFILE I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 2:06 pm by edwardchao

COACH LONG PROFILE

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
victoriatran

COACH LONG PROFILE Empty
PostSubject: COACH LONG PROFILE   COACH LONG PROFILE I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:12 pm

After 17 successful years coaching AHS’ football team, head Coach Jon Dimalante is stepping down from his position as head coach. Coach Dimalante picked his successor, Coach Chris Long, to continue his legacy.
​While at Serra High School, Coach Long played football with Coach Dimalante as his head coach. After leading Serra High School to a CIF championship in 1989, Coach Long graduated from high school and attended Los Angeles Southwest College. Later he received a full football scholarship to the University of Eastern Michigan. After graduating with a degree in sociology, Coach Long decided to give coaching a try and contacted his old mentor, Coach Dimalante, for a job. After coaching with Coach Dimalante for two years, he added LA Southwest College, Western Christian High School, Hoover High School to his coaching resume. Last year he returned to Arcadia to guide the team as defensive coordinator and assistant coach. With this much history with football, it is no question that Coach Long has the dedication and a passion for the sport.
​His personal experiences with football have culminated into his “family-orientated” coaching philosophy, in which “care, hard work, [personal] accountability, and fun” are emphasized. A family man himself, Coach Long believes that the boys should be more than teammates--they should be brothers. If the team is a family, then success will naturally follow. But to reach their long term goal of bringing a CIF championship title to AHS, the team must focus on improving on the offensive aspects of the game. Coach Long shows his determination and extensive understanding of the game by already implementing a “new offense” during Spring Ball to keep the players physically and mentally in shape for the upcoming fall season.
​Not only does he wish to snag the championship, but he also has a daily goal of teaching life lessons, the most important being a good work ethic.
Back to top Go down
HelenLee

COACH LONG PROFILE Empty
PostSubject: Re: COACH LONG PROFILE   COACH LONG PROFILE I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 1:07 am

After 17 successful years coaching AHS’ football team, head Coach Jon Dimalante is stepping down from his position as head coach. Coach Dimalante picked his successor, Coach Chris Long, to continue his legacy.
​While at Serra High School, Coach Long played football with Coach Dimalante as his head coach. After leading Serra High School to a CIF championship in 1989, Coach Long graduated from high school and attended Los Angeles Southwest College. Later he received a full football scholarship to the University of Eastern Michigan. After graduating with a degree in sociology, Coach Long decided to give coaching a try and contacted his old mentor, Coach Dimalante, for a job. After coaching with Coach Dimalante for two years, he added LA Southwest College, Western Christian High School, Hoover High School to his coaching resume. Last year <,> he returned to Arcadia to guide the team as defensive coordinator and assistant coach. With this much history with football, it is no question that Coach Long has the dedication and a passion for the sport.
​His personal experiences with football have culminated into his “family-orientated” coaching philosophy, in which “care, hard work, [personal] accountability, and fun” are emphasized. A family man himself, Coach Long believes that the boys should be more than teammates-- <—>they should be brothers. If the team is a family, then success will naturally follow. But to reach their long term goal of bringing a CIF championship title to AHS, the team <team members to be consistent with "their"> must focus on improving on the offensive aspects of the game. Coach Long shows his determination and extensive understanding of the game by already implementing a “new offense” during Spring Ball to keep the players physically and mentally in shape for the upcoming fall season.
​Not only does he wish to snag the championship, but he also has a daily goal of teaching life lessons, the most important being a good work ethic.
Back to top Go down

COACH LONG PROFILE
Page 1 of 1