Apache Pow Wow 2011-2012
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apache Pow Wow

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Baseball Final
Changes from first to second semester ROUGH I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 11:40 am by Alice Lin

» how do you prep ! ~ final!
Changes from first to second semester ROUGH I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:46 pm by Kelly Ching

» Varsity Boys Volleyball FINAL
Changes from first to second semester ROUGH I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 4:57 pm by HelenLee

» Track and Field Summary FINAL
Changes from first to second semester ROUGH I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 1:42 am by anDYQIn

» Coach Long Profile FINAL
Changes from first to second semester ROUGH I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 12:52 am by victoriatran

» Baseball Rough
Changes from first to second semester ROUGH I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 11:18 am by HelenLee

» COACH LONG PROFILE
Changes from first to second semester ROUGH I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 1:07 am by HelenLee

» Track and Field Summary ROUGH
Changes from first to second semester ROUGH I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:47 am by HelenLee

» how do you prep ! ~ rough
Changes from first to second semester ROUGH I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 2:06 pm by edwardchao

Changes from first to second semester ROUGH

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Allan Gao

Changes from first to second semester ROUGH Empty
PostSubject: Changes from first to second semester ROUGH   Changes from first to second semester ROUGH I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 2:22 am

When school started, the feelings of summer still lingered around in the atmosphere, befuddling people in their classes as they lazily dreamed about the freedom and ease of the two month vacation. However, time passed by quickly. Now, after five months of academics, electives, and sports, the first semester has finally come to a close. Whether students did well or bad in the first half of the year, all slates are erased now, and students start fresh anew along with the new year, trying new activities the second semester has to offer.

One of the main differences between the first and second semesters is the arrival of new electives and topics to learn. Some chose to take semester long courses, and are taking a different class in second semester than the first. Sophomore Zay Niang says, “After taking band first semester,” which counts as a P.E. class, he plans to take “Concert Band and Tennis second semester.” Others decide to stick to the classes they chose at the beginning of the year. Freshman Alan Shum said that he chose “Spanish at the beginning of the year,” and is going to “continue Spanish second semester." Whether classes are changed or remain the same, students get to learn about new topics all the same during the second semester.

Another change appreciated by students is the arrival of new sports. After a glorious season of competition and hard work, the first semester sports are gone. Freshman Jason Fong, for example, said that he “took Cross Country first semester,” which won fourth place in the Nike Nationals. Now, new sports are now in season, calling for a change of choice. Jason says that he plans to “take Track and Field second semester.” However, not everybody takes a sport. Those that don’t take sports still have options, though, such as contemporary dance and weight training. Senior Fei Soong says that he “took weight training first semester” and plans to continue “weight training second semester.”

Along with a new semester also comes new responsibilities and work. During the second semester, the infamous AP exams take place. For sophomore Alan Guo, the AP exam is something that he plans on devoting some time to. As a sophomore in AP bio, he says, “I think the upcoming AP exams are going to be really stressful and time consuming.” To prepare for it, he plans to study “by reviewing the materials and probably getting with friends to do study groups [to] just really know everything inside out.” For those not in AP classes, competitive club activities are the focus.

An additional second semester responsibility that people need to take care of is club and academic team competition. Sophomore Rayna Tian, a member of the AHS Math Team, feels that “competition is [a fun way to] meet mathletes from other school and make new friends.” She plans to study for the impending competition by “going to [every] club meeting,” and “taking quizzes.”

The second semester brings along many changes, some fun, some stressful, all important to those who take them. From simply taking new classes to participating in competitive events, the second semester hides many surprises in store, all of which weigh in with importance on the lives of students.
Back to top Go down
Allan Gao

PostSubject: Re: Changes from first to second semester ROUGH   Changes from first to second semester ROUGH I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 1:16 pm

When school started, the feelings of summer still lingered around in the atmosphere, befuddling people in their classes as they lazily dreamed about the freedom and ease of the two month vacation. However, time passed by quickly. Now, after five months of academics, electives, and sports, the first semester has finally come to a close. Whether students did well or poorly in the first half of the year, all slates are erased now, and students start fresh anew along with the new year, trying all the new activities the second semester has to offer.

One of the main differences between the first and second semesters is the arrival of new electives and topics to learn. Some chose to take five-credit, semester long courses, and are switching to a different class in second semester. Sophomore Zay Niang says, “After taking band first semester, [I] plan to take Concert Band and Tennis second semester.” Others decide to stick to the classes they chose at the beginning of the year. Freshman Alan Shum said that he chose “Spanish at the beginning of the year,” and is going to “continue Spanish second semester." Still, even if classes remain the same, students will experience new material all the same in the second semester.

Another change appreciated by students is the arrival of new sports. After a glorious season of competition and hard work, the first semester sports are gone. Freshman Jason Fong, for example, said that he “took Cross Country first semester,” which won fourth place in the Nike Nationals. Now, new sports are now in season, calling for a change of choice. Jason says that he plans to “take Track and Field second semester.” However, not everybody takes a sport. Those that don’t take sports still have options, though, such as contemporary dance and weight training. Senior Fei Soong says that he “took weight training first semester” and plans to continue “weight training second semester.”

Along with a new semester also comes new responsibilities and work. During the second semester, the infamous AP exams take place. For sophomore Alan Guo, the AP exam is something that he plans on devoting some time to. As a sophomore in AP bio, he says, “I think the upcoming AP exams are going to be really stressful and time consuming.” To prepare for it, he plans to study “by reviewing the materials and probably getting with friends to do study groups [to] just really know everything inside out.” For those not in AP classes, competitive club activities are the focus.

An additional second semester responsibility that people need to take care of is club and academic team competition. Sophomore Rayna Tian, a member of the AHS Math Team, feels that “competition is [a fun way to] meet mathletes from other school and make new friends.” She plans to study for the impending competition by “going to [every] club meeting,” and “taking quizzes.”

The second semester brings along many changes, some fun, some stressful, all important to those who take them. From simply taking new classes to participating in competitive events, the second semester hides many surprises in store, all of which weigh in with importance on the lives of students.
Back to top Go down
Rena Chen

PostSubject: Re: Changes from first to second semester ROUGH   Changes from first to second semester ROUGH I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 4:44 am

When school started, the feelings of summer still lingered around in the atmosphere, befuddling people in their classes as they lazily dreamed about the freedom and ease of the two month vacation. However, time passed by quickly. Now, after five months of academics, electives, and sports, the first semester has finally come to a close. Whether students did well or poorly in the first half of the year, all slates are erased now, and students start fresh anew along with the new year, trying all the new activities the second semester has to offer.

One of the main differences between the first and second semesters is the arrival of new electives and topics to learn. Some chose to take five-credit, semester<hyphen> long courses, and are switching to a different class in second semester. Sophomore Zay Niang says<said>, “After taking band first semester, [I] plan to take Concert Band and Tennis second semester.” Others decide<decided> to stick to the classes they chose at the beginning of the year. Freshman Alan Shum said that he chose “Spanish at the beginning of the year,” and is going to “continue Spanish second semester." Still, even if classes remain the same, students will experience new material all the same in the second semester.

Another change appreciated by students is the arrival of new sports. After a glorious season of competition and hard work, the first semester sports are gone. Freshman Jason Fong, for example, said that he “took Cross Country first semester,” which won fourth place in the Nike Nationals. Now, new sports are now in season, calling for a change of choice. Jason says that he plans to “take Track and Field second semester.” However, not everybody takes a sport. Those that don’t take sports still have options, though, such as contemporary dance and weight training<capitalize names of classes>. Senior Fei Soong says<said> that he “took weight training<capitalize> first semester” and plans to continue “weight training second semester.”

Along with a new semester also comes new responsibilities and work. During the second semester, the infamous AP exams take place. For sophomore Alan Guo, the AP exam is something that he plans on devoting some time to. As a sophomore<repitition> in AP bio, he says, “I think the upcoming AP exams are going to be really stressful and time consuming.” To prepare for it, he plans to study “by reviewing the materials and probably getting with friends to do study groups [to] just really know everything inside out.” For those not in AP classes, competitive club activities are the focus.

Back to top Go down
Allan Gao

PostSubject: Re: Changes from first to second semester ROUGH   Changes from first to second semester ROUGH I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 1:27 pm

One of the main differences between the first and second semesters is the arrival of new electives and topics to learn. Some chose to take five-credit, semester-long courses, and are switching to a different class in second semester. Sophomore Zay Niang said, “After taking band first semester, [I] plan to take Concert Band and Tennis second semester.” Others decided to stick to the classes they chose at the beginning of the year. Freshman Alan Shum said that he chose “Spanish at the beginning of the year,” and is going to “continue Spanish second semester." Still, even if classes remain the same, students will experience new material all the same in the second semester.

Another change appreciated by students is the arrival of new sports. After a glorious season of competition and hard work, the first semester sports are gone. Freshman Jason Fong, for example, said that he “took Cross Country first semester,” which won fourth place in the Nike Nationals. Now, new sports are now in season, calling for a change of choice. Jason says that he plans to “take Track and Field second semester.” However, not everybody takes a sport. Those that don’t take sports still have options, though, such as Contemporary Dance and Weight Training. Senior Fei Soong said that he “took Weight Training first semester” and plans to continue “Weight Training second semester.”

Along with a new semester also comes new responsibilities and work. During the second semester, the infamous AP exams take place. For sophomore Alan Guo, the AP exam is something that he plans on devoting some time to. He says, “I think the upcoming AP exams are going to be really stressful and time consuming.” To prepare for it, he plans to study “by reviewing the materials and probably getting with friends to do study groups [to] just really know everything inside out.” For those not in AP classes, competitive club activities are the focus.

Back to top Go down
Rena Chen

PostSubject: Re: Changes from first to second semester ROUGH   Changes from first to second semester ROUGH I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 1:37 pm

When school started, the feelings of summer still lingered around in the atmosphere, befuddling people in their classes as they lazily dreamed about the freedom and ease of the two month<two-month> vacation. However, time passed by quickly. Now, after five months of academics, electives, and sports, the first semester has finally come to a close. Whether students did well or poorly in the first half of the year, all slates are erased now, and students start fresh anew<delete one> along with the new year, trying all the new activities the second semester has to offer.

One of the main differences between the first and second semesters is the arrival of new electives and topics to learn. Some chose to take five-credit, semester-long courses, and are switching to a different class in second semester. Sophomore Zay Niang said, “After taking band first semester, [I] plan to take Concert Band and Tennis second semester.” Others decided to stick to the classes they chose at the beginning of the year. Freshman Alan Shum said that he chose “Spanish at the beginning of the year,” and is going to “continue Spanish second semester." Still, even if classes remain the same, students will experience new material all the same in the second semester.

Another change appreciated by students is the arrival of new sports. After a glorious season of competition and hard work, the first semester sports are gone. Freshman Jason Fong, for example, said that he “took Cross Country first semester,” which won fourth place in the Nike Nationals. Now, new sports are now in season, calling for a change of choice. Jason says that he plans to “take Track and Field second semester.” However, not everybody takes a sport. Those that don’t take sports still have options, though, such as Contemporary Dance and Weight Training. Senior Fei Soong said that he “took Weight Training first semester” and plans to continue “Weight Training second semester.”

Along with a new semester also comes new responsibilities and work. During the second semester, the infamous AP exams take place. For sophomore Alan Guo, the AP exam is something that he plans on devoting some time to. He says, “I think the upcoming AP exams are going to be really stressful and time consuming<time-consuming>.” To prepare for it, he plans to study “by reviewing the materials and probably getting with friends to do study groups [to] just really know everything inside out.” For those not in AP classes, competitive club activities are the focus.

An additional second semester responsibility that people need to take care of is club and academic team competition. Sophomore Rayna Tian, a member of the AHS Math Team, feels that “competition is [a fun way to] meet mathletes<single-quote> from other school<schools> and make new friends.” She plans to study for the impending competition by “going to [every] club meeting,” and “taking quizzes.”

Back to top Go down
Allan Gao

PostSubject: Re: Changes from first to second semester ROUGH   Changes from first to second semester ROUGH I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 1:03 pm

When school started, the feelings of summer still lingered around in the atmosphere, befuddling people in their classes as they lazily dreamed about the freedom and ease of the two-month vacation. However, time passed by quickly. Now, after five months of academics, electives, and sports, the first semester has finally come to a close. Whether students did well or poorly in the first half of the year, all slates are erased now, and students start anew along with the new year, trying all the new activities the second semester has to offer.

Along with a new semester also comes new responsibilities and work. During the second semester, the infamous AP exams take place. For sophomore Alan Guo, the AP exam is something that he plans on devoting some time to. He says, “I think the upcoming AP exams are going to be really stressful and time-consuming.” To prepare for it, he plans to study “by reviewing the materials and probably getting with friends to do study groups [to] just really know everything inside out.” For those not in AP classes, competitive club activities are the focus.

An additional second semester responsibility that people need to take care of is club and academic team competition. Sophomore Rayna Tian, a member of the AHS Math Team, feels that “competition is [a fun way to] meet “mathletes” from other schools and make new friends.” She plans to study for the impending competition by “going to [every] club meeting,” and “taking quizzes.”

Back to top Go down
Rena Chen

PostSubject: Re: Changes from first to second semester ROUGH   Changes from first to second semester ROUGH I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 8:45 pm

When school started, the feelings of summer still lingered around in the atmosphere, befuddling people in their classes as they lazily dreamed about the freedom and ease of the two-month vacation. However, time passed by quickly. Now, after five months of academics, electives, and sports, the first semester has finally come to a close. Whether students did well or poorly in the first half of the year, all slates are erased now, and students start anew along with the new year, trying all the new activities the second semester has to offer.

One of the main differences between the first and second semesters is the arrival of new electives and topics to learn. Some chose to take five-credit, semester-long courses, and are switching to a different class in second semester. Sophomore Zay Niang said, “After taking band first semester, [I] plan to take Concert Band and Tennis second semester.” Others decided to stick to the classes they chose at the beginning of the year. Freshman Alan Shum said that he chose “Spanish at the beginning of the year,<delete>” and is going to “continue Spanish second semester." Still, even if classes remain the same, students will experience new material all the same in the second semester.

Another change appreciated by students is the arrival of new sports. After a glorious season of competition and hard work, the first semester sports are gone. Freshman Jason Fong, for example, said that he “took Cross Country first semester,” which won fourth place in the Nike Nationals. Now, new sports are now in season, calling for a change of choice. Jason says<said> that he plans to “take Track and Field second semester.” However, not everybody takes a sport. Those that don’t take sports still have options, though, such as Contemporary Dance and Weight Training. Senior Fei Soong said that he “took Weight Training first semester” and plans to continue “Weight Training second semester.”

Along with a new semester also comes new responsibilities and work. During the second semester, the infamous AP exams take place. For sophomore Alan Guo, the AP exam is something that he plans on devoting some time to. He says<said>, “I think the upcoming AP exams are going to be really stressful and time-consuming.” To prepare for it, he plans to study “by reviewing the materials and probably getting with friends to do study groups [to] just really know everything inside out.” For those not in AP classes, competitive club activities are the focus.

An additional second semester responsibility that people need to take care of is club and academic team competition. Sophomore Rayna Tian, a member of the AHS Math Team, feels that “competition is [a fun way to] meet “mathletes”<use single-quote, not double> from other schools and make new friends.” She plans to study for the impending competition by “going to [every] club meeting,” and “taking quizzes.”

The second semester brings along many changes, some fun, some stressful, all important to those who take them<experience them>. From simply taking new classes to participating in competitive events, the second semester hides many surprises in store, all of which weigh in with importance on the lives of students.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changes from first to second semester ROUGH   Changes from first to second semester ROUGH I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Changes from first to second semester ROUGH
Page 1 of 1