Apache Pow Wow 2011-2012
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apache Pow Wow

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Baseball Final
DI story rough I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 11:40 am by Alice Lin

» how do you prep ! ~ final!
DI story rough I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:46 pm by Kelly Ching

» Varsity Boys Volleyball FINAL
DI story rough I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 4:57 pm by HelenLee

» Track and Field Summary FINAL
DI story rough I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 1:42 am by anDYQIn

» Coach Long Profile FINAL
DI story rough I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 12:52 am by victoriatran

» Baseball Rough
DI story rough I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 11:18 am by HelenLee

» COACH LONG PROFILE
DI story rough I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 1:07 am by HelenLee

» Track and Field Summary ROUGH
DI story rough I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:47 am by HelenLee

» how do you prep ! ~ rough
DI story rough I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 2:06 pm by edwardchao

DI story rough

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Belle Zheng

Belle Zheng

DI story rough Empty
PostSubject: DI story rough   DI story rough I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:54 pm

Destination Imagination (DI)
Destination Imagination (DI) is one of the many competitive academic teams on campus. Their system is very different from other teams. Although DI is one team itself, it is split into ten different teams. These ten teams compete in five different challenges labeled A-E. The teams that make first and second place are able to move onto the state competition. The different challenges this year are “Assembly Required”, “The Solar Stage”, “Coming Attractions, News to Me, and Hold It!
Each of the challenges is different and requires a large amount of problem solving skills and patience. Assembly Required, The Solar Stage, and Hold It all requires skills to overcome a task. Teams here are presented with a problem and given materials to solve that problem.
In Assembly Required, the team must design and build equipment that can retrieve and deliver things. Then they must present their new product and tell a story to go along with it. The Solar Stage must also plan and create a product that can capture solar energy. Afterwards, they too must present their new product, but they need to use theatrical effects and special lighting to dramatize their performance.
Lastly, Hold It is a competition that requires architectural knowledge. Here, the team must create a structure out of wood and glue to hold golf balls. They must also build a delivery system for the golf balls to travel on. Furthermore, they must present their product by telling a story about their product.
Coming Attractions is another challenge they must complete. As a team, members must direct and film a movie trailer for a hypothetical movie. They also need to design a cinematic special effect and show it in their movie trailer. Lastly, they must create their own original soundtrack to accompany the movie trailer.
News To Me a unique competition. Although they do not need to make anything, their task is more daunting. They must make two different news stories and make them relate with each other. Then, they plan a short five minute skit connecting the two stories together in a cause and effect relationship. During the skit, they need to use improvisational human scenery and last minute props to enhance the story.
When DI came back from their competition on March 3, they were proud to announce that nine of ten teams qualified for the state competition. Unfortunately, only eight of these teams will be able to attend the competition, but nevertheless, it was a job well done.
Back to top Go down
Stanley Shaw

Stanley Shaw

DI story rough Empty
PostSubject: First Draft Revision   DI story rough I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:28 pm

<Just a note, when you use "team" in your article, you say "it" when referring to it. When you use "team members", then you can use "their">

Destination Imagination (DI)

Destination Imagination (DI) is one of the <remove> many competitive academic teams on campus. Their <Its> system is very different from other teams. Although DI is one team itself, it is split into ten different teams. These ten teams compete in five different challenges labeled A-E. The teams that make first and second place are able to move onto the state competition. The different challenges this year are “Assembly Required”, “The Solar Stage”, “Coming Attractions, News to Me, and Hold It! <You stopped using quotation marks after "Coming Attractions" --- please keep it consistent by adding quotation marks over all of the challenges or not use them at all. Furthermore, you quoted one end of "Coming Attractions" but did not quote the other end>

Each of the challenges is different and requires a large amount of problem solving skills and patience. Assembly Required, The Solar Stage, and Hold It all requires <require> skills to overcome a task. Teams here are presented with a problem and given materials to solve that problem.

In Assembly Required, the <a> team must design and build equipment that can retrieve and deliver things. Then they <They then> must present their new product and tell a story to go along with it. The Solar Stage must also plan and create a <Right now, you're saying that the challenge itself needs to plan and create when in reality it should be a team> product that can capture solar energy. Afterwards, they too must present their new product, but they need to use theatrical effects and special lighting to dramatize their performance.

Lastly, Hold It is a competition that requires architectural knowledge. Here, the team must create a structure out of wood and glue to hold golf balls. They must also build a delivery system for the golf balls to travel on. Furthermore, they must present their product by telling a story about their product.
Coming Attractions is another challenge they must complete. As a team, members must direct and film a movie trailer for a hypothetical movie. They also need to design a cinematic special effect and show it in their movie trailer. Lastly, they must create their own original soundtrack to accompany the movie trailer.

News To Me a unique competition. Although they do not need to make anything, their task is more daunting. They must make two different news stories and make them relate with each other. Then, they plan a short five minute skit connecting the two stories together in a cause and effect relationship. During the skit, they need to use improvisational human scenery and last minute props to enhance the story.

When DI came back from their competition on March 3 <Mar. 3>, they were proud to announce that nine of ten teams qualified for the state competition. Unfortunately, only eight of these teams will be able to attend the competition, but nevertheless, it was a job well done.
Back to top Go down
Stanley Shaw

Stanley Shaw

DI story rough Empty
PostSubject: Ach-Tung (Attention)!   DI story rough I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 3:23 pm

Hey Belle, please remember to edit. Story finals are due tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DI story rough Empty
PostSubject: Re: DI story rough   DI story rough I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DI story rough
Page 1 of 1